I want to encourage all of you to taste dishes from all over the world, different cuisines, beautiful looking chef creations, and scary bites from hidden gems… But most importantly, I want you to enjoy… and I’ll point out dishes based on your food adventure-ness and enthusiasm.
My simplified vision of the foodie world – I believe people fall into one of the two categories: “Foodies” or “Foodienots”.
Are you a foodie?
- Is it your life credo to order the scariest dish on the menu?
- Do you take pride in knowing how to correctly eat pizza and what jicama is?
- When you travel, do you plan your museum visits around the best restaurants?
- Can you name at least four dishes for each cuisine of the World?
- You bravely walk into restaurants offering chef’s menu only?
- Your friends rely on you to recommend the best restaurant in town, no matter the occasion?
Congratulations, you are a foodie! Look for exquisite and delectable selections in my reviews, that will surprise, please, and inspire you for more!
Or are you a foodie-not?
- Do you dream you had a steak and mashed potatoes instead of that foie gras with beef tartare that landed in front of you on the table?
- Do you have a rule that you don’t order a dish if it has more than one ingredient you haven’t tasted?
- Is cheese omelette your favorite brunch dish?
- The list of foods you’ll never try is longer than the list of foods you deemed safe?
- You can’t come to terms that ketchup sandwiches are not an acceptable meal followed by a delicious dessert of PB&J sandwich?
You are a foodienot! There is delightfulness in pure and simple recipes, and I have recommendations for you!
Why would you read my reviews?
I have years of experience! See that guys holding my hand? That’s my husband, my friend, and my dinner partner! The problem is, you guessed it, he is a traditionalist!
The most exciting thing he tried? I’ll keep that a secret, you can ask him if you see him on the street!
I spend hours researching restaurant that will interest my tastes and leave me longing for more, and will serve him a great tasting dish that excludes some of the common household ingredients, banned from his plate.
And off we go! I hope you read, foodie|not!
I love to meet new people, chat about food, photography, and travel! Would love to meet you!
Send me a note! firstname.lastname@example.org